NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY?
- TALK TO AN ATTORNEY 24/7: (786) 899-3500
- ADDRESS: 11401 SW 40th St Suite 204, Miami, FL 33165
- WORKING HOURS: 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CATEGORY Homeowners Insurance Claims
There are generally three categories of water damage: (1) clean water, (2) grey water, and (3) black water.
A common clean water damage claim is a pipe break within a wall; a common grey water damage claim is a toilet overflowing; and a common black water damage claim is sewage backup.
If your home has suffered Water Damage, make sure to do the following:
- Report the Claim to your Insurance Company;
- Find temporary housing (if damage makes property uninhabitable);
- Secure your property;
- Photograph and/or video record your damage;
- Make a list of all the items you lost;
- Get repair/replacement estimates;
- Gather and keep all receipts for your temporary living expenses (if damage makes property uninhabitable);
- Continue paying your insurance premiums and mortgages; and
- Mitigate your damages (hire a water mitigation company).
Homeowner’s insurance claims can be very complex and have many nuances. If you or someone you know has filed a homeowner’s insurance claim, or is thinking about filing a homeowner’s insurance claim in South Florida, call us at (786) 899-3500. We may be able to assist you. All consultations are free.